Friday 13 July 2012

BGR - deferred

Well, it's not often I get injured and even less often that it would make me change my plans.

Two wks ago at about 2am descending from Seal Stones on the Kinder Killer with Graham, I went over on my left ankle. Initial feelings were bad and in the proceeding days I had moments where I've thought " yep, its definitely better" notably after physio appointments.

Sadly,  late last week it took a turn for the worse. So much so that when I woke up last Sat morning walking round the house was tricky at best, geriatric at worst.  It was that bad, that my 'banker race' the Derwent River Relays hosted by Belper Harriers (20 mins tops) was completely beyond the realms of possibility. Teresa kindly stepped in for me...

To be honest, having to defer the BGR attempt has had me in complete shock - it's took me about 3-4 days to accept that I've gotta just reschedule it.

Mid September then now it seems, so after 1-2 months wind down of distance running, I've gotta get something back in my legs ! Going out for 15-30 mins tomorrow, then Sunday too if tomorrow OK. Final physio next Monday.

No comments: