Wednesday 8 May 2013

Burbage Skyline Fell Race

Brilliant race last night - enjoyed it so much. 

Thats what 356 runners setting off looks like
The Burbage Skyline is a race I've always wanted to do, known the course, but have never done. Well, this year it fell right, so 5 of us from Belper Harriers turned out on this balmy spring / summer evening to tackle what the area between Fox House / Higgar Tor and Upper Burbage Bridge could throw at us.

356 runners turned up so the start was a little frantic - I didn't get a good start by any standards, but soon got moving. As it was my first 'non Ultra' fell race of the year, the hard climbs certainly felt tough, but as ever the descents hurt more as I struggle to keep up with guys, hence I have to push harder to simply not lose places.

51st I think overall, so yes I could have done a lot better, but this is just about getting out there and racing when I'm not in tip top shape and just enjoying it. I certainly did that !
Clockwise direction from bottom, down to the stream to start off

2013 Results, 51st out of 356. Not bad for first race of the year !

No comments: