Wednesday 27 February 2013

Lake District Week, Chapel Stile

My favourite shot of the week taken from Lingmoor Fell
Just got back from our annual Family Lake District Week in Feb and what another great trip it was. It's always my favourite holiday of the year in terms of running, walking, pubs and tea shops. Well, what else is there on holidays to do anyway !

I was pleased this morning that my groin strain which had dogged me all week in the Lakes has gone away - just in time for my visit to the Doctors - typical ! She thought it was more of a general groin strain, which is far more palatable than what I was thinking it was after speaking with Dave in the Lakes.

The above shot is my favourite shot from the whole week and we had lots of great shots. I liked this one so much (even though it was only taken on the iPhone) as it captured the stunning views we were getting the first few days we were there. The run itself was nothing special - about 9 miles and generally feeling pretty dodgy in the groin / back area so a little apprehensive to say the least. This was compounded by snow cum ice on the descent which slowed me down more.

Not now entering the Howarth Hobble as I've done nothing over 3 hours in the last few months, but lets hope I get recovered enough to train for the Calderdale Hike early April.

No comments: