Wednesday 15 June 2016

Edale Country Day Fell Race 30th/229

I always enjoy this race and this year it was on the club Fell Series. As I'd only done Masson so far I thought I'd better clock another one up! I love this as it's a classic fell race - up, across and down with the terrain never being easy and of course finishing in the country day field in front of the crowd (and beer tent!) is ace.
Edale Country Day Race Route. Start under the nab, finish next to the main CP.
Legs felt pretty good after Castleton on Friday night so I thought I'd notch it up slightly for today - tackling the climb slightly harder than I had the other night. This year the climb felt way easier than last year so I ought to check back if I just went off too fast last year and blew up (think I paced it better this time).

I didn't lose any places on the traverse which I was pleased about which only left the descent! Every year I lose about 10 places on this and I kept up this tradition this year ! I felt good all the way to the finish and overtook a few on the run down the road. Another brilliant race and a fantastic turnout from the club with 14 of us! Especially well done to Andy Paisley - on fire at the mo!


30th out of 229 so top 13%
Results here
Strava link here

No comments: