Thursday 12 June 2014

Calver Peak Fell Race

New race for me this and legs felt ok after Sunday's long ride, so 4 of us from Belper Harriers headed up on this stormy evening to be greeted by blue skies when getting out the car!


It was good to see Martin from work there along with Ed and Sean from the club. The race went well and (as I've done a bit recently) I didn't go too fast up the first climb meaning that when I got to the flat stuff, I wouldn't be completely on empty. I only lost about 2-3 places on the descent which just had a few sections of limestone and loose small rocks.  I ended up about 25th out of 230, so 11% down the field.

I have to confess afterwards that this is probably the easiest fell race I've done and was slightly disappointed at the lack of climbing (yes, sad I know!) Nevertheless, still a great race and a good one for people new to the sport with both ascents and descent being very much "non technical".

Good to have a post race pint too in the Derwent Water Arms and not have to rush back.

Results here
Strava link here showing just how short changed on the climbing I was !

No comments: